Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Laziness

Everyone has heard their parents say "I walked 'n' miles to school and you kids these days have it so easy..you'll have become so lazy"
I was quite looking forward to the time when I would tell my kids "I had to wait 15 minutes for the school bus and the potholes in the road etc". This was at a time when I was sure that The Jetsons' lifestyle was just around the next decade.
But mostly I wanted to say " You've become so much lazier than we were back in the day."
Keen observation and diligent research shows that I wont have to wait that long.
No, I am not talking abt the sms culture that has been the subject of many a debate.
In defence of the much maligned sms short forms, mobile phone keys are too frickin tiny to type anything properly and predictive test is ANNOYING.

As per my observations, our mode of greeting within the last years has changed from :
"Hello. How are you?" to
"What's up?" to
"Wassup?" to
"sup?"

[ Though what hasnt changed is the questioner's lack of interest in the answer. ]

We, as a generation, have become lazzzzzz...[snore]

5 comments:

Dhruv Matani said...

predictive text is slightly annoying, but probably does not merit the CAPS that have been given it. More often than not, I find it really useful, and save quite a lot of time.... But since you mention it, I was thinking of a more accurate predictive text system a while ago. Dropped that one because of....
.
.
.
.
lazzzzzzzziness....
;-)

Devesh R said...

I c uv usd "abt" 4 "about" n d txt. (un?)intentionl?
btw,hpn..
reg,D

Ramya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ramya said...

Dhruv, at least its not in caps and bold :)

Ramya said...

Devesh, honestly it was unintentional. I guess I should have said it was inserted there to be ironical - it would've sounded cooler. Alas!
Btw, wats hpn?