Thursday, December 31, 2009

How this idiot narrowly escaped watching 3 idiots 3 times in 1 week -or- No, this is not a review of 3 Idiots

Till a week ago, the only movie I'd seen twice in a cinema was Dilwale Dulhaniya le jayege. Then came 3 Idiots and usurped that pride of place.
Last week, the buzz around 3 Idiots was good ( that's what a marketing budget bigger than the actual production cost, or so I've heard, will do for you) and it turned out to be playing at a theater very close to us. So we went for 3 Idiots. Watched the movie, laughed a lot, cringed a little, agreed with quite a bit. There was comedy, romance, drama, even a little bit of action and mystery and a Message. All in all, a great time was had.
Then a week later, another group of mates decide to go for the movie. My roomie wants to go again and I love the movies so I figure I can get to the theater and catch another movie maybe Sherlock Holmes, "Its complicated" or heck even "The Princess and the frog." Alas, the timings kind of clashed and so I settled down to watch the movie a second time in the theater. The jokes seemed a little less funny. But then behind us was this girl with an awesome laugh that brought up the entertainment factor. My laughs followed her squeals and screeches of delight more faithfully than echoes. Thus it was that I saw the movie a second time and a decent time was had.
Come new year's eve. We are invited to watch a movie which was suppposed to be "P.S. - I love you" We reached the theater and guess which movie's playing. Go on. I settled down to sleep. When my roommate, the kind soul, informed me of a nearby library, I grabbed my coat and bag and fled. I do believe I would have started hating the movie if i had spent another 1 hour in that movie hall. And then I'd be hated by all the 3 Idiots fanatics.

No comments: