Thursday, December 31, 2009

The year that was

Oh 2009, the best and the worst year of my life so far. I'm not sorry to see you go. This year I got to meet my nephew for the very first time and that makes everything else (the good and the bad) pale in comparison.
Rudyard Kipling opined that "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two Impostors just the same" was one of the qualifying conditions to be a Man (or Woman in my case) I do believe I have met at least that one condition: I have dealt with the triumphs and disasters of 2009 alike - both with chocolates and ice cream. And so I guess I am on the road ( or maybe one of the unidentified number of roads that Dylan believes, that a man must walk down) to be called a Man (or Woman)
Whether I'm ready or not, here comes 2010.
Well.
[does the cool Neo flick of the wrist gesture that expresses, in an infinitely more elegant and succinct manner, "Bring it on"]

7 comments:

Ramya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chetan said...

Sure, 2010 will come with even more highs and lows... and with our every decreasing long term memory, I predict the 2010 end of year post might be similar to this one... and thats not necessarily a bad thing. (especially if you pull off the cool neo-like "bring it on" gesture)

Tanushree said...

Helloo.. And thank you.. You just made my rather very dull day a tad interesting..
1. I havent thought at all about 2010.
2. I love reading anything u write.
3. What did the deleted post say to receive the harsh treatment of banishment... ???
Yes.. quite interesting..

Ramya said...

Chetan, is it plagiarism if you steal from yourself?

Ramya said...

Tanushree.. likewise. Your kind words made me grin like an idiot..
1) I'm glad point 1 in your comment has been rectified, with a post no less!
2) Awwwww
3)The deleted post was just a test comment as someone mentioned that were not able to post comments.The comment itself was something like "Chick 1..2..3" :)

Chetan said...

No, it isn't plagiarism to steal from yourself. But, I am sure a newer gesture would be in fashion by the time 2011 rolls around, and you want to keep up with the times, don't you?

Tanushree said...

Would write some more alreadyyyy... I need inspiration.. cant stop with first day of the year..